Fire mage changes preview
(talents are from left to right, *denotes a change to the talent):
- *Master of Elements: now 2 ranks at 15/30%
- Burning Soul
- *Incineration: removed
- *Improved Fire Blast: moved from tier 2
- *Fire Power: Increases the damage of your Fire spells by 1/2/3% and gives your Flame Orb a 33/66/100% chance to explode at the end of its duration.
- Blazing Speed
- Impact (no useful raid utility yet… awesome ideas welcome)
- *Cauterize (new, 2 ranks): You have a 50/100%% chance that an attack which would otherwise kill you will instead bring you to 40% of your maximum health. However, you will burn for 12% of your maximum health every second for the next 4 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once per minute.
- *Blast Wave: A wave of flame radiates outward from the target location, damaging all enemies caught within the blast for X Fire damage and are slowed by 75% for 3 sec.
- *Molten Shields (new 1 rank, Blazing Speed is a prereq): Reduces the global cooldown of your Mage Ward spell by 1.5 sec and your Mage Ward triggers the Blazing Speed effect when it dissipates from absorbing damage.
- *Improved Scorch: Reduces the mana cost of your Scorch spell by 50/100%
- *Hot Streak (the instant Pyroblast no longer costs mana)
- *Firestarter (new, 1 rank): Your Molten Armor allows you to cast the Scorch spell while moving instead of reducing the chance you are critically hit.
- Improved Flamestrike
- Dragon’s Breath
- Molten Fury
- *Critical Mass: Your Pyroblast and Scorch spells have a 33/66/100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 5% and lasts 30 sec.
- Living Bomb
So what are some good ideas for the tier two Impact talent? Here’s what it does according to WoWHead:
Gives your damaging spells a 4% chance to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 sec. Impact also gives you some useful but non-dps (aka not mandatory) raid utility.
Well, I for one will not be using it, I don’t think, as wedded to Arcane as I am. Put more accurately, I don’t identify very well with the fire motif and between the two prefer Arcane. I started out as Frost and prefer that thematically but Frost = PvP so there you go.
Anyhoo, are you fire? What should Impact do?